Format MicroSD / SDHC Memory Card Guide
How to Format a MicroSD / SDHC Memory Card
This blog will help you format a Kingston,SanDisk or other brand MicroSD/SDHC Memory card, there are 3 methods to format your microSD/SDHC Memory card,please follow the guide and enjoy.
How to Format a MicroSD /SDHC Memory Card
- Using PC On OS Windows XP/Vista/7 Format Tool
- Using Panasonic Memory Card Format Program
- Using Mac Memory Card Format Tool
1. Using Windows XP/Vista/7 Format Tool:
After inserting the microSD/SDHC into the card reader, go to My personal PC.
b) Right click the driver representing the microSD/SDHC memory card.
c) Choose Format
d) Click Start to format the memory card in FAT32
2. Using Panasonic Memory Card Format Software:
If your memory cards have capacity bigger than 32GB, please download the SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Cards Format Software.
If your memory cards have capacity equal or smaller than 32GB, please download the SD/SDHC Memory Cards Format Software.
Detailed guide is available from the SD Association here. [http://www.sdcard.org/consumers/formatter/]
- Insert MicroSD/SDHC Memory Card into reader/writer.
- Click on [Start], point to [All Programs] -> [Panasonic] -> [SD Formatter VX.X], and click on [SD Formatter VX.X].
“X.X” means the version number of SD Memory Card Formatting Software.
If “User Account Control” window is displayed on the screen, please click on [Arrow].
- The main window is displayed on the screen.
- Select the target drive by drive list and check SD/SDHC Memory Card size.
- Click on [Format].
- After clicking on it, confirmation window is displayed on the screen. Here, if [OK] is clicked, this software executes the format operation. On the contrary, if [Cancel] is clicked, this software cancels the format operation and returns to the main window.
- The following status window is displayed on the screen during the format operation.
Note: [Cancel] on this window is available only if either “FULL (Erase ON)” or “FULL (Erase OFF)” is selected as format type option. If “QUICK” is selected as format type option, this button is not available.
- After the format operation completion, click [OK] and remove the Memory Card from your PC.
- Reinsert the memory card to the PC to start using the memory card
Please confirm that the SD interface device is compatible with the SD, SDHC or SDXC Card before formatting.
SD Formatter User’s Manuals
Download the SD Formatter User’s Manual from the buttons below:
3. Using Mac Memory Card Format Tool:
- Plug your memory card reader into a USB port on your Mac. Insert the microSD / microSDHC card into the memory card reader’s microSD / microSDHC slot, and the microSD / microSDHC card will mount on your Mac desktop.
- In an open Finder window, single-click “Applications” in the Side-Bar and scroll down to find the Utilities folder. Find Disk Utility in the Utilities folder and double-click the “Disk Utility” application to launch it.
- In the opened Disk Utility application, single-click to select the microSD / microSDHC card in the left-hand Drives column. Then, single-click to select the “Erase” button in the top row of radio buttons. Select the format MS-DOS (FAT) to format the microSD / microSDHC card on the “Volume Format” pop-up button. When you have finished selecting the formatting options, click “Erase.”
- A new dialogue box will pop up in “Disk Utility,” asking if you are sure you wish to erase the microSD / microSDHC card. Caution: Erasing the microSD / microSDHC card will permanently erase any files. Make sure you have backed up any file you wish to keep. To continue with the formatting process, click “Erase.”
- Once the microSD / microSDHC card has been erased, it will mount on your Mac desktop just as any other removable drive.
Posted in Guides